SOAR Registration South
2021 SOAR African American Men – South Region
Anchor City: Memphis
The threat of the coronavirus pandemic continues to alter the traditional ways of doing business. In order to comply with the CDC guidelines and those of our partner organizations, we are delivering our 2021 programs 100% virtually. Where some might find challenges, we see opportunities. By delivering our programming virtually we are able to offer SOAR to more emerging African American men leaders. In 2021 we are organizing our sessions by region: Kentucky, South, and Southeast. One of the strengths of the SOAR program is having a cohort in the same area in which you live and work to help you build a stronger and more strategic network. Each region has an anchor city to help determine the best cohort for you to join. If you’re not sure which is the best region for you, email us and we will help guide you through.
Please read the instructions below before completing the registration at the bottom of the page. The registration deadline is Tuesday, April 28, 2021.
1. Identify the candidates in the organization for participation. Multiple participants within the company should not be in the same direct reporting line.
Need help identifying your emerging high potential?
Click here to view our high potential profile.
2. If you have any questions regarding this registration, please email Kim Stone-Yonts, firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. By submitting this registration, an agreement to the following is acknowledged:
- The emerging high potential participant commits to being an actively engaged member of his SOAR class. He understands the financial investment his company has made to further his professional growth and leadership development.
- The emerging high potential participant must have the approval of his supervisor to participate in SOAR. The supervisor also understands the importance of the participant attending all scheduled meetings.
- The emerging high potential participant is required to complete any and all coursework.
- Those who fail to comply with the attendance policy, or discontinue the program for any reason, will not graduate from the program and will not receive a tuition refund.
- The company will be assessed a fee for reissue of any licensed assessments and classroom materials that may be necessary.
4. Upon submission of the registration, emerging high potential participants and their supervisors will receive confirmation of membership and further information regarding the Virtual Kick-Off Retreat.
5. The virtual kick-off will begin at 10:00a.m. on Tuesday, May 4, and end at 4:00p.m. on Wednesday, May 5, 2021. (Note: All meeting times listed are Central Time)
6. All other meeting dates for 2021 are as follows from 8:00am – 3:00pm:
Meeting 2: Tuesday, June 1, 2021
Meeting 3: Tuesday, June 29, 2021
Meeting 4: Tuesday, July 27, 2021
Meeting 5: Tuesday, August 24, 2021
Meeting 6: Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Meeting 7: Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Meeting 8: Tuesday, November 16, 2021
Meeting 9: Tuesday, December 14, 2021
7. Tuition is $6,500 per participant which includes all course materials.
8. An electronic invoice for tuition payment will be sent to the individual designated on the registration form and is due upon receipt. Please note a 3% bank processing fee will be added to tuition cost for those choosing to pay with credit card.
***To ensure everyone’s safety and to follow the guidelines of our participating companies, we will deliver the Kick-Off Retreat virtually. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and guidance from the CDC and state and local health officials to determine if the subsequent meetings will be held in person or virtually. ***